I bring you – DETOX TOFU SCRAMBLE. 100% plant-based and ready to detox your bod’. As we enter the new year, I want to bring you guys some awesome detox-friendly recipes that are affordable, detox-friendly, filling and delicious.
This is the perfect recipe to satisfy your hibernation days (I know, I’m still pretty lazy these days too) and your detox days (let’s get healthy)! This Detox Tofu Scramble is perfect for brunch or stuffed into some sprouted bread for a breakfast sandwich – highly recommended, by the way. It’s so easy to make and a great way to switch up your breakfast routine if you’re looking for something hearty but still packed with veggies!
As I know many of you (including myself) are opting for detox – friendly (less sugar/ less nasties) recipes this January. There are a few important things that I want to point out when it comes to detoxing. These are a few of my non-negotiables that come along with a heavy “detox” diet:
- choose organic produce as often as you possibly can. I know this can be expensive, but shop local and look out for sales to get good options. In my opinion, eating more fruits and veggies in general is such a great step for anyone! Your health is worth it, so choose the best that you can do for yourself at that moment.
- when choosing tofu, like in this recipe, make sure to choose non-gmo organic tofu. Almost all non-organic tofu is GMO and heavily sprayed with pesticides, which is the exact opposite of what we want in our body!
- make sure you eat enough. This includes sufficient complex carbohydrates and fibrous veggies + grains + legumes, plant-based clean protein, healthy fats, lots of fruits + veggies and tons of water.
- hydrate. Make sure to drink 1-2 litres of water at least per day to help flush out toxins from the body.
- rest up, choose light therapeutic exercise like yoga, swimming or jogging, take lots of “me” time.